1. Thulasi,when taken along with pepper in the evenings for three days consecutively, treats cold, cough and fever.
2. Irritation in the urinary tract is healed when the juice of Thulasi and cow's buttermilk mixed together are taken thrice a day.
3. When the juice of Thulasi with salt is consumed in an empty stomach for forty eight days, epilepsy gets cured.
4. Chest pain is alleviated when Thulasi's juice is taken along with honey thrice a day.
5. The juice of Thulasi mixed with water and taken in the early mornings for a hundred days is a great therapy for all sorts of diseases.
6. Thirst, flatulence, and absence of appetite are eased when Thulasi’s juice is drunk, mixed with hot water.
7. Thulasi and two pinches of Omam (Carum Carvi is its botanical name), well ground and mixed with water, and consumed once in the mornings after food, is a sure remedy for chicken pox and measles.
8. Even the poisonous bite of a scorpion is cured when the affected area is rubbed with the leaves of Krishna Thulasi (dark thulasi).
9. When the juice of Thulasi is taken in the mornings and evenings for forty days, it acts as a treatment for leprosy!