Did your child have a glass of carrot juice today?Here are just some of the reasons you should make sure your child gulps down at least one glass of carrot juice a day.
1. Carrots are excellent for the eyes.
2. Carrots contain large quantities of vitamin A, in the form of beta carotene.
3. Juicing a carrot removes the indigestible fiber. Thus, the nutrients in it are available to the body in much larger quantities than if the carrot was eaten whole. This is because many of the nutrients are trapped in the fibre, and while fiber aids digestion, some part of the fibre is indigestible. Thus, you don't get the benefits of the nutrients that are trapped in the indigestible fiber. Did you know that if you eat a carrot raw, you only get access to about 1% of the available beta carotene? But, when you or your child has a glass of carrot juice, you your system absorbs almost 100% or the beta carotene!
4. Does your child drink more Pepsi or Coke than water? While you may feel that these are just sweetened substitutes, you are wrong. In fact, these beverages have substances that require more water to eliminate them from the system. So, whenever your child asks for a soft drink, give him juice instead. Juice increases the water intake.
5. Carrot juice has anti-carcinogen properties. Thus, it helps prevent cancer. It is also believed to have cancer-curing properties.
6. Beta carotene is an anty oxidant, and thus it prevents cell degeneration. Anti-oxidants also slow down the ageing process. Another fruit which is an excellent anti-oxidant is the berry.
7. Carrots are also good for the skin.
8. Carrot juice is like a tonic. It will improve the overall health of you and your child, and increase immunity. In fact, two glasses of carrot juice a day can increase your immunity by as much as 70%!Carrot juice is rich in so many minerals, that it's no less than a miracle juice! You could also add some spinach or beetroot to your carrot juice. Squeeze some lime into the glass; add seasoning if you must, and a tasty glass packed with nutrients is ready!